The BR Newsletter gives you first-priority access to a variety of cool stuff in every issue: from project announcements and updates, drumming/writing previews, and health and fitness tips, to Dragon Dirt recipes, book/vid/podcast recommendations, and tour date info.
To access, please take a moment to join the site with your email/username/password:
You are now set to receive the BR Newsletter!
And you can now access the BR Newsletter Archives below. Enjoy!
+ + + + + + +
BR Newsletter Archives
- Update on the Kick-Ass New Lita Ford Record
- What in the Hell are Micro-Workouts?
- Dragon Dirt Community - Featured Dirt-Drinker: Andrea Volpp (Quick Q&A)
- New Book Preview - Will Drum For Food - "An Evening of Nunsense"
- The Case for Audiobooks
- Dragon Dirt Community - Down & Dirty Q&A: When is the best time of day to have a superfood smoothie?
- Musings: If These Drums Could Talk...
- Three Life-Changing Nutritional Practices to Try Immediately
- Dragon Dirt Community Featured Dirt-Drinker: Craig LeMay (Quick Q&A)
- Four Factors in Creating YOUR Rock-Solid Workout Routine
- Into as of Late: Shoe Dog - Phil Knight, plus Hiromi (several titles mentioned)
- Dragon Dirt Smoothie Science: A Visual Approach to the Dragon Dirt Formula (and How it Came to Be)
- Memoir: Crash!!! Surviving Near-death Near El Paso...
- BR Health Beat - Edamame: It's What's for Snacking!
- Dragon Dirt Community Featured Dirt-Drinker: E. Clint Allen (Quick Q&A)
- Musings: Are You Ready For This?
- BR Health Beat: Plan on a Daily Workout... Even if it Doesn't Always Work Out!
- Down & Dirty: Could this be the world's healthiest fruit?
- If You Will Indulge Me... (A Personal Message)
- Dragon Dirt T-shirts on the Horizon!
- Seen and Heard: A new book and podcast (that I'm in) that might be of interest...
- Musings: Run Your Race
- Found! More Rare Artifacts (of the VVI variety)
- Dragon Dirt Community Featured Dirt-Drinker: Malcolm Gil (Quick Q&A)
- Your Future Self: A Journaling Exercise
- Dragon Dirt Community Featured Dirt-Drinker: Pam Fogarty (Quick Q&A)
- Preview from my upcoming book: Will Drum For Food - "The Auditorium"
- Let's Get Triggered!: My personal obsession with blacklight posters
- Rethinking Pushups
- Down and Dirty: Exploring One of the Most Nutritious Leaves on the Planet
A Road Dawg Remembered: Rest in peace, mighty Munch man!
Into as of Late: Moxy - Revisiting the classic hard rockers from Canada
Down and Dirty: Feel the Power of the Golden Powder
- In celebration of two key anniversaries this week, enjoy an excerpt from my memoir, The Boy Is Gonna Rock
- Five Steps to More Training Intensity
- Hot Links at Hand: Tons of New Tour Dates; Newsletter Archives; BR News Feed; Merch and Dirt
- The Silence is Deafening: Reflections on a Weekend of Primal Beauty and… Silence!
- On the Road: First post-pandemic show with Lita Ford, coming right up this weekend
- Down & Dirty: The Power is in the Pea
The Bobby Rock Newsletter #14 (6-16-2021) - The Great American, Grass Roots, Rockin' Road Warrior Dream
- The Great American, Grass Roots, Rockin’ Road Warrior Dream: Another cool book excerpt from my upcoming memoir: Will Drum For Food
- Get ready to feel the burn with: Five MORE Steps to Increased Training Intensity
- Find it Fast: The main BR links in one place
- Who Needs Sleep? - Musings on the importance of sleep, and my longtime, highly-dysfunctional relationship with it. (A timely topic, given the post-covid return of road life!)
- Dragon Dirt turns 6 months old!
- July Tour Dates (with Lita Ford)
- Jumping Into the Void
- Count Reps, Not Time
- A Year of Daily Meditation (on the horizon)
- A Year of Daily Meditation - Just completed this goal this week and wanted to talk in a bit more detail about the upside of an undervalued practice.
- Down and Dirty: “Blueberries on steroids!” Meet Maqui Berry… yet another super-potent fruit in Dragon Dirt
- July Tour Dates (with Lita Ford)
- Quick Tip on Protein Requirements
- Ignoring Unvetted Criticism
- Podcast Magic: Tim Ferris interviewing Jim Collins (Two Episodes)
- “The Guy in Ratt”- a rare, rhyming poem I wrote over 13 years ago. While I still find it amusing to revisit this particular juncture in the journey, I’m reminded of how, indeed, the rough times make us tougher and more resilient.
- The Barrier: Why is it so hard to stick with those healthy new habits that we know we should be sticking to?
- Your Higher Calling: A Journaling Exercise - This is a solid and (hopefully) inspiring contemplation!
- The VVI debut turns 35! - With a little then-and-now reflection...
- First Thing in the Morning - Something helpful to kickstart another day of unparalleled creativity! (Or something like that…)
- A B-12 Crash Course - Getting enough of this important nutrient.
- Your Gold Medal Moment: An Olympics-inspired contemplation worth contemplating!
- Don’t Stop! How and why to make it through the uninspired workout.
- Down & Dirty: Dragon Dirt ingredients spotlight on one of the most mysterious, potent, intriguing mushroom adaptogens on earth...
- Into as of Late: My preoccupation with one killer drummer from Iran continues. I play his records in a loop at my desk, create intricate odd-meter practice pad routines to his solos, and even meditate to his music on occasion. Read on…
- Book Excerpt: A da VInci-inspired piece from my book, Zentauria.
- On Doing the Work: Musings on a famous Thoreau quote that is probably more relative today than it was 180 years ago when he wrote it.
The Bobby Rock Newsletter #22 (8-25-2021) - Solo Drumming in China 2019 - Observations and Reflections
- Musings: Reflecting on the epic life experience of my 2019 solo drumming tour of China
- A "Winning" Tip for Peak Performance: What can we learn from a world champion sharpshooting bad-ass? Plenty!
- Down and Dirty: Dragon Dirt ingredients spotlight on one of the classic must-haves for anyone looking to up their nutrition game..
- The Game of Life: A “four quarters” philosophy that you just might find useful.
- Rumi Speaks: The wisdom of staying up all night… at least according to my biased interpretation of one of "the main man's" poems.
- Water Works: A quick crash course in superior hydration... and a simple reminder to drink more water! Everything about your health and nutrition begins and ends here.